A Guide to Becoming a Landlord
View Hive Estates’ step-by-step guide to becoming a landlord and find out how to rent out your property for the first time.
Becoming a landlord with Hive Estates is easier than you might think. We let properties to professionals, families and students, so wherever your property is and whoever it is suited to, we can help you find a tenant. Plus, all our fees are only payable once a tenant is secured, not before.
To find out more about how to become a landlord with Hive, take a look at our step-by-step guide below:
- Contact us to book your free valuation.
- We will visit your property and give you market advice, comparables and our insight into the property market in your area.
- We will send a report to you with a rental valuation along with advice and feedback on your property.
- We will make you aware of your legal obligations and ensure you understand the responsibilities of being a landlord.
- If you want, we can work with you to increase the potential yield of your property. [click here to find out how]
- If you’re happy to instruct us, we will take professional photographs and write a detailed advert.
- Your property will be marketed across our different platforms, including Rightmove, Zoopla and PrimeLocation.
- We’ll match your property to searching applicants and suggest it to others that we think may be suitable.
- We’ll show prospective tenants your property, and ensure they are right for you.
- If a tenant wants to apply for the property, we’ll reference them and do all the legal paperwork.
- We’ll advise you of your obligations so your property can be let to the tenants and we’ll then agree the conditions and terms of the tenancy.
- We’ll check in your new tenants and if you want us to manage your property, we’ll start our management service. If you are just looking for a let only service, you will manage the property, but we are always on hand to offer help and advice throughout the tenancy.
- Your secure landlord online account becomes active and you can log in whenever you want for an update or to track your property history.